At WordTail we are committed to respecting and protecting the privacy of anyone using our site and the confidentiality of any information that you provide us with. The purpose of this statement is to set out how we use any personal information that we may obtain from you.
Information We May Collect & Store
We offer a number of services that do not require you to register for an account or provide any personal information to us, however, In order to provide our full range of services, you will be required to register an account where we may collect the following types of information:
- Name, company/organisation details and job title.
- Contact information including your email address.
- Demographic data such as preferences and interests.
- Other information from surveys and/or offers you have responded to.
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
- Any other information that you choose to supply us with;
How We Use Information We Collect
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may from time to time send promotional emails about new products and services, special offers or other information which we believe you may find interesting, to the email address you provided.
- We may use the information to customise our website around your interests.
Data Protection Act 1998 (‘the Act’)
We are registered under the Data Protection Act and comply with the Act in all our dealings with your personal data.
Use and collection of personal information
In general you can visit our website without telling us who you are and without revealing any information about yourself. If, however, you use our site you will need to register and you will be asked to provide certain information such as your contact details. We will store this data and hold it on computer or otherwise.
We may use information that you provide:
- To register you with our website and to administer it.
- For assessment and analysis, e.g. marketing, customer and product analysis, to enable us to review, develop and improve our services.
If you do not want us to use data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we might disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer or seller.
- If we are under a legal duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with or meet any legal obligation.